What's Going On In There? The Brain and Learning
Time & Location
About The Event
Ever wondered what's going on in the minds of the children you teach? This session will place no expectation of prior knowledge on educators, but will go through brain development in an easily understandable way. Brain development is a subject in which research is expanding all the time as we have access to more sophisticated technologies. Having a sound knowledge of how leaning and socialisation occur in the brain can be practice altering and it is a knowledge which can be applied across all platforms of curriculum. This day will be full of exciting information. Some of the topics discussed will include:
- Regions of the brain and their functions
- Creating strong neural pathways
- Emotions and the brain
- Language and the brain
- Atypical brain development
- How our knowledge of brain development can be applied in practice.
- Links between this exciting research and the more commonly known psychological theories such as attachment and schema theories.
Resource kit and lunch included. Presented by owner/director Kate (bio under philosophy tab).