Below are our upcoming early childhood professional development events, including our NESA endorsed courses. Payments are taken via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account simply chose their 'pay with a card' option to pay with credit card. We are also happy to accept direct deposit payments if you prefer. Simply email us your preferences and we will invoice you for your tickets!
Upcoming Early Childhood Professional Development
- Inspiring Play Spaces and Materials - Central Coast (1)Wed, Feb 24Alkira Early Learning CentreFeb 24, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PMAlkira Early Learning Centre, 1 Reads Rd, Wamberal NSW 2260, AustraliaGet your early childhood service and room ready for 2021! In this professional development day we discuss ways in which to create a fluid and engaging environment which is rich with natural opportunities for learning. We will explore the possibilities of open ended materials and provocations.
- Magic Moments - The Pedagogy of Play - Central Coast (1)Wed, Mar 17Alkira Early Learning CentreMar 17, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PMAlkira Early Learning Centre, 1 Reads Rd, Wamberal NSW 2260, AustraliaFind it hard to spot the spontaneous teachable moments? Or to sustain children's learning through investigative play? Perhaps you work in a nursery room, and just find it difficult to know what to observe? Join us to discuss the magic moments in early childhood and the pedagogy of play.
- Mindful Vs Mind Full - Trauma and Behaviour in the Early YearsSat, Mar 20Mingara Recreation ClubMar 20, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PMMingara Recreation Club, 12-14 Mingara Dr, Tumbi Umbi NSW 2261, AustraliaThis exciting early years conference sees ECS and Stone & Sprocket coming together again! Not only that, but we are inviting a panel of experts along again also! Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to explore trauma and behaviour from a multidisciplinary perspective!
- Exploring The EYLF - Spotlight on Principles and Practices - Central Coast (1)Wed, Apr 21Alkira Early Learning Centre
- Working with Children with Additional Needs - Central Coast (1)Wed, May 19Alkira Early Learning CentreMay 19, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PMAlkira Early Learning Centre, 1 Reads Rd, Wamberal NSW 2260, AustraliaWorking with children with additional needs can be challenging but is extremely rewarding. There are many strategies we can employ to help in early intervention. Click for more details on topics to be discussed.
- Exploring Early Childhood Theory and Approach - Central Coast (1)Wed, Jun 16Alkira Early Learning Centre
- Brain Development and the Impact of Trauma - Mindful Education - Central Coast (1)Wed, Jul 21Alkira Early Learning CentreJul 21, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PMAlkira Early Learning Centre, 1 Reads Rd, Wamberal NSW 2260, AustraliaThis full day professional development will introduce brain development in a simple and understandable way. We will also be looking at the impact of trauma on the developing brain. We will then focus on techniques for making your service trauma sensitive and mindful education practices.