Magic Moments - The Pedagogy of Play - Central Coast
Time & Location
About The Event
"Play is a child's work" Maria Montessori. In early childhood we teach children through play, but this can sometimes be difficult to explain to families, and often we struggle to find the meaningful moments in children's play to extend and observe. In this session we will discuss in detail:
- Theories of play: classical and contemporary
- Play as pedagogy: finding the magic moments in children's play.
- Sustaining children's interests and engagement in planned play experiences.
- Themes vs projects: how to engage children by making learning intentional and meaningful.
- Process over product: the importance of the processes of play.
- Promoting learning through play to families and communities.
Resource kit and lunch provided. Presented by owner/director Kate (bio under philosophy tab)
- Magic Moments$200$2000$0