Wed, 13 May|
Everglades Country Club, Dunban Rd
Magic Moments - The Pedagogy of Play - Central Coast
Find it hard to spot the spontaneous teachable moments? Or to sustain children's learning through investigative play? Perhaps you work in a nursery room, and just find it difficult to know what to observe? Join us to discuss the magic moments in early childhood and the pedagogy of play.
Time & Location
13 May 2020, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Everglades Country Club, Dunban Rd, Woy Woy NSW 2256, Australia
About The Event
"Play is a child's work" Maria Montessori. In early childhood we teach children through play, but this can sometimes be difficult to explain to families, and often we struggle to find the meaningful moments in children's play to extend and observe. In this session we will discuss in detail:
- Theories of play: classical and contemporary
- Play as pedagogy: finding the magic moments in children's play.
- Sustaining children's interests and engagement in planned play experiences.
- Themes vs projects: how to engage children by making learning intentional and meaningful.
- Process over product: the importance of the processes of play.
- Promoting learning through play to families and communities.
Resource kit and lunch provided. Presented by owner/director Kate (bio under philosophy tab)