Inspiring Play Spaces and Materials
Time & Location
About The Event
Get your early childhood service and room ready for 2019! In this professional development day we discuss ways in which to create a fluid and engaging environment which is rich with natural opportunities for learning. We will explore:
- Designing fluid environments
- Creating welcoming spaces which encourage a sense of belonging
- Using the environment as the third teacher
- The possibilities of open ended materials and provocations.
- Using light and shade to transform landscapes
- Including nature and sustainable practice
- Principles from different approaches including Montessori, Steiner, and Reggio Emilia.
Includes resource kit and lunch. Presented by owner/director Kate (bio under philosophy tab).