Wed, 16 Oct|
Everglades Country Club, Dunban Rd
Brain Development and the Impact of Trauma - Mindful Education
This full day professional development will introduce brain development in a simple and understandable way. We will also be looking at the impact of trauma on the developing brain. We will then focus on techniques for making your service trauma sensitive and mindful education practices.
Time & Location
16 Oct 2019, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Everglades Country Club, Dunban Rd, Woy Woy NSW 2256, Australia
About The Event
It is an unfortunate fact that many children we work with and care for will be exposed to trauma. These children need our understanding and support, because we can be healing heroes in their little lives. This full day professional development begins with a focus on understanding the experience of these children, the impact on their brains (including emotional responses, behaviours, and memory), and the way in which truama effects their ability to connect in relationships. Some of the topics covered are listed below.
- Neurosequential development and functions of different regions of the brain.
- Brain development - building neural connections.
- The impact of trauma on children’s neuroarchitecture.
- The importance of relationships in building resilience.
- Creating a trauma informed environment
- Mindful education practices including building self regulation techniques.
This PD is particularly beneficial to services catering to children who have experienced trauma, children with additional needs, and children displaying misbehaviours. Cost includes lunch and resource pack. Presented by owner/director Kate, a trauma survivor herself (bio under philosophy tab).