Tue, 27 Nov|
Alkira Early Learning Centre
Brain Development and the Impact of Trauma - Mindful Education (1)
This full day professional development will introduce brain development in a simple and understandable way. We will also be looking at the impact of trauma on the developing brain. We will then focus on techniques for making your service trauma sensitive and mindful education practices.
Time & Location
27 Nov 2018, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Alkira Early Learning Centre, 1 Reads Rd, Wamberal NSW 2260, Australia
About The Event
This full day professional development will introduce brain development in a simple and understandable way - prior knowledge is not expected. The topics covered include:
- Neurosequential development and functions of different regions of the brain.
- Brain development - building neural connections.
- The impact of trauma on children’s neuroarchitecture.
- The importance of relationships in building resilience.
- Creating a trauma informed environment
- Mindful education practices including building self regulation techniques.
This PD is particularly beneficial to services catering to children who have experienced trauma, children with additional needs, and children displaying misbehaviours. Cost includes lunch and resource pack. Registration will close 20.11.18 for catering purposes.