Brain Development and the Impact of Trauma - Mindful Education
Time & Location
About The Event
This full day professional development will introduce brain development in a simple and understandable way - prior knowledge is not expected. The topics covered include:
- Neurosequential development and functions of different regions of the brain.
- Brain development - building neural connections.
- The impact of trauma on children’s neuroarchitecture.
- The importance of relationships in building resilience.
- Creating a trauma informed environment
- Mindful education practices including building self regulation techniques.
- Colour therapy - mindful use of colour (guest speaker Natalie-May Colour Therapist)
This PD is particularly beneficial to services catering to children who have experienced trauma, children with additional needs, and children displaying misbehaviours. Cost includes lunch and resource pack. Registration will close 13.01.18 for catering purposes.
- Brain Development$200$2000$0